Right To Information

You must submit your application for access to information to the relevant Public Information Officer (PIO) or head of the public body. You should file a complaint to the Commission only if you don't get a satisfactory response from the PIO or head of the public body. (708) 508-6680

You can file a complaint on a plain paper or online against a PIO or head of the public body on one or more of following grounds:
  • If access to information is wrongfully denied.
  • If PIO refused to receive and process your request.
  • If information is not provided within the stipulated time.
  • Violation of any other provision of the Act by a public body.
  • If information has been deliberately destroyed to avoid its disclosure.
  • If you have been provided with false, misleading or incomplete information.
  • Failure of a public body to implement the provisions regarding proactive disclosure.
  • If you have been charged fee or cost for provision of information in excess of the requisite fee.

Please carefully fill in the online form. You must precisely explain the nature of your complaint as well the action that you demand. Upon submission of your complaint, you will get a Complaint ID, which you can later use to track the status of your complaint. For further details, please visit: www.rti.punjab.gov.pk